The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the “de-select” button.
Half Marathon Course Notes:
- The course is predominantly paved with 2 dirt/gravel road sections. The first section is approximately Mile 0.8 – 1.0 and is a flat section adjacent to the river. The second section of dirt/gravel road is Miles 8.3 – 9.4. This section is 0.6 mile up and 0.5 mile down. These dirt sections are mostly compact, with occasional loose gravel. Please be alert with your footing.
- The start is on Todd Railroad Grade Road in Todd, at the “Todd” sign, between the Todd Post Office and Blackburn’s Chapel.
- You will have an out-and-back near the finish. At Mile 11.8, the course will turn Left on Big Hill Rd, continue for approximately 0.6 mile to the turn-around, which will take you back to Todd for the finish. This is a flat section of Big Hill Rd, along the New River.
- The finish is on grass. The final approximate 75 meters is on a solid, low-mowed lawn of Walter and Anne Cook Memorial Park in downtown Todd.