The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. To achieve a full screen view of the map, click on “Veiw Full Route” in the upper left of the map image. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the “de-select” button.
5K Course Notes:
- The course is fully paved, with the exception of the Start/Finish, which is on the packed gravel/dirt road within the High Country Fairgrounds.
- The 5K will share the same Start/Finish as the Marathon.
- The course is out-and-back on Roby Green Rd, which is rolling, along the New River and very scenic.
- The first half of the 5K has +100 ft / -130 ft.