The following map of the entire course is interactive and is linked to ridewithgps.com. When viewing the interactive map, you can highlight a section of the course to view a more detailed elevation chart of that section. To view a more detailed section:
- Move your cursor along the x-axis (mileage) of the elevation graph. Mileage, elevation, and % grade will be displayed.
- Click and hold a beginning point on the elevation graph. Drag your cursor and highlight the segment/distance that you wish to view in greater detail. When you release your mouse, the highlighted segment will be displayed.
- To return to the full graph, single click the elevation chart.
Marathon Course Notes:
- The course is predominantly paved with 2 dirt/gravel road sections. The first section is approximately Mile 6 – 6.5 and is a flat section adjacent to the river. The second section of dirt/gravel road is Miles 16 – 17.5. This section has two approximate 0.3 mile uphills connected by a 0.7 mile descent. These dirt sections are mostly compact, with loose gravel on the shoulders and the middle.
- The start is on the Cranberry Springs Bridge, which straddles the New River. You will be starting above the New River.
- The finish is on grass. The final 245 meters are a semi-loop of the field behind the Riverside Restaurant.